While celebrating the new provider, they mocked DSTV and other cable service providers saying that TSTV has brought very good competition that would put them on their toes.
Many of the Nigerians who alleged exploitation by existing satellite TV providers said that TSTV has affordable rates and better offers.
TSTV among other things, promises to offer pay-per-view, affordable subscription rates with daily subscription available as well as a 20gb free data all for a N5,000 decoder and maximum monthly subscription of N3,000.
Long before it was launched on Oct. 1, many Nigerians had treated the news of its coming with much anticipation. Many believe the coming of TSTV will break the control of DSTV.
On twitter, TSTV trended with over 26,000 mentions as at the time of this report.
Some of the Nigerians who expressed their views on their Twitter handle said that the launch of TSTV which coincided with the nation’s independence day celebration, meant satellite TV independence for Nigerians.
Meanwhile, the Federal Government has granted TSTV tax free operation for three years as a way of encouraging the company.
A facebook user,Emmanuel Adesite,said in support of the product,”In fact, you just highlighted the reasons why I should buy this TSTV. Be it 10gb or 20gb, it Is beta than the zero (odo) 0gb offered by Dstv and Co.
In response to him, another facebook user, Saliman Adeola Olowookere said that the company was another brand, out to expliot Nigerians.
“Another exploiter has come, Nigerians think twice before u start saying Hosanna, Allahu Akbar.
In this case to subscribe for a month is 3000 but per day is 200 while dstv minimum per month is 1900, about 63.34 per day, who is fooling who?
Below are some of the comments made by users:
- Josi Josi Gbenga: Even if dstv is offering free service, I will never use them. I used to pay annually until 2015 that brushed them off and diverted to star time. I hate dstv mainly because it belongs to group of foreigners, and those foreigners are cheating us openly ,I dont care how much tstv will cost, i care less about the efficiency of their service, as long as it has nothing to do with dstv….I’m the owner of my money, nobody tells me what to spend it on.
- Emma Ohio: So you get all the channels in dstv for that minimum price plus football ie epl LA liga and etc ehh and as well where dstv subscribe at 63naira and not to say the free data you get 10g do you know how much data most people buy monthly glo for instance give you 1g for 1000 meaning 10g will go for 10000 per month bros even if tstv is showing me only nta and channels tv for that 10gb alone I will buy it. Sir I submit that dstv have nothing on tstv dey should come back with better propaganda talk.
- Akindoju Soledayo Darmcey: Can u imagine, u dont even expect good thing in this country
- Nwani Emenike Marscellus: With the DSTV 1900, how many live matches can watch with it？ we better be wise.
- Clement Olakunle: With DSTV or gotv #1,900 you don’t get enough sports channels & most of d A/magic channels have been removed like Am urban…etc.
- Ogunjide Ayodele: how many channels does DSTV give u for #1900. Nigerians can never be satisfied sha. And u guys will be the ones complaining dat Nigeria is not gud when u even fail to embrace wat is ur own. Try to change ur orientation guys. #buy_naija_to_grow_naija. #proudlyNigeria.
- Akins Obodo: what is the meaning of pay as you go,I see promise and fail, I see deceitfulness, pay as you go,means when your decoder is not on, that means it is not running, one expect that once the decoder is on it will continue to read, e.g telecommunication companies in nigeria.
- Matthew Ibisiki-ibanichuka: Wait a min! What’s “pausing” my subscription. If its “pay as u go”, why then should I need to pause my subscription. If I load my mobile fone and use it as I wish, my credit should stay longer. Or when I switch off my digital meter, my unit is preserved till whenever I switch on. Is there more to it that we don’t know yet?.
- Onunze Emmajazzy: Hahaha pay as you go… Buy data as you watch, recharge card like MTN, GLO, AIRTEL, 9MOBILE network is now available in TSTV. What a country called Nigeria with taking people’s… No room for the poor citizens to enjoy life.
- Ebenezer Chucks: Guys if u truly read this post u will understand that the difference between dstv and tstv is only 7days…. Pls don’t jubilate too much
- Adakole Benedict: Competition creates comfort and choice (DSTV vs TSTV)
Round one. Let’s see how it plays out.
- Adebayo Odunayo: If Nigerian people can patronize TSTV like the way we patronize DSTV GOTV STAR TIME the tariff and the price will come down and it will also get our people a job .EMBRACE #NiajaMade.